CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 21, 2011

Reduction Mammoplasty?

So over the past few months, it has been a lot of doctor’s appointments and trying to get to at least where I used to be as far as back pain and what not. Certain things have helped but other things have gotten worse. I am now at a point where I can cook and be on feet for longer than 10 minutes and not feel like my back is on fire. One of the downsides to my medical issues, is I have been getting more migraines and sadly, with my stomach I cannot take anything.

After meeting with my Primary Care doctor, we have decided that since surgery on spine can cause more harm than good that I should look into the option of Reduction Mammoplasty (aka breast reduction). After looking it to it more, my insurance will cover it due to my significant back problems.

I was able to get my referral I needed, and met with my plastic surgeon last week. The 15 minute consult turned out to be about an hour. I felt bad for those waiting, but I had a lot of questions and concerns. Surprisingly it is one of the least painful plastic surgeries out there, and even though I will be sore for a little bit, In the long run it will be worth it.

At this point, the doctor’s office is taking care of all the insurance hoops and what not, all I have to do is show up :) my pre-op appointment is currently scheduled for Tuesday April 26th and my surgery for Thursday April 28th. Hopefully since I am allergic to latex, it normally gives me a free pass for the 1st surgery to make sure everything is clean. Since my surgeon does not utilize drainage tubes (he said it doesn’t make a huge different with this surgery, and it will save additional scaring) he requires to make me stay in the hospital for monitoring at least the first day. They also told me to take 2 weeks off work. I personally do not think I will be out that long, so thankfully I talked with my boss into only making me take 1 week off work as long as I have medical release.

0 comments: