CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Weight Issues

So where to begin…. So a few months ago, the end of August/early September I started going to the gym almost every day if not every day. When I had first got on the scale to see my starting weight, I was taken back, I have been at a solid weight for years, and the number I saw was 50 pounds heavier than I thought I was at. Mind you I can hide my weight very well, yes I know I am fat, but if you knew the number you would not believe this is how I look. Even at my highest weight in high school (only 25 pounds heavier than I thought I was) I was 3 sizes larger. So it also scared me to see the number, because I have been wearing the same size for the last 4 years.
Over the past months, I have lost 38 pounds, it is not my ideal weight loss, but I also did not go for 2 ½ months in the middle and what not. I have still continued to eat what I have when I went to the gym as often it was just the extra added exercise I cut back on. On an average week when I do go to the gym 5 times, I loose about 4 pounds regularly which is healthy figure for my body type. Since starting the gym. The very few and far between nights that I am free, I am exhausted and want to go to bed early. I have also been under a lot of stress with my job and It has started to take a toll and me and my health.

Most of my closest friends and family know that I have a cyst, and her name is Helga. I hate her, she comes and bothers me unannounced, uninvited and brings lots of pain. I have also been having strong stomach pains the last few months. I finally got into a doctor to be seen and after getting on medicine to hopefully shrink Helga, and lots of blood work I was referred to a general physician. This past weekend I spent the long weekend in bed sick because somebody in my office so kindly gave me strep. I had the appointment set up a long time ago, so it all worked out getting antibiotics for my virus and getting checked out for the other problems. While there, she did some poking around and lab works and ordered me for an abdominal ultra sound.

This morning I had the joys of going to the new IHC Medical Center Hospital for the test. Words cannot describe how much pain I felt! The tech when he got next to my gallbladder, I fought back tears from the pain. When he turned me on the side to get better pictures, he finally asked “Does that Hurt?” When he asked it was discomfort, but the next place he moved it I screamed! He then told me “Unofficially, off the record, you do have lots of small gallstones”. Oh what fun! Now I have to wait until my Doctor “officially” calls me tomorrow to tell me the results so we can go over options. After discussion with those close to me and people who have had theirs removed, I think I am opting for the removal of my gallbladder. I guess I will find out tomorrow the plan of attack and see where this goes.

Thinking back, this is probably related to my rapid weight gain, and the tougher time taking it off. After research, the gallbladder is an organ that is nice to have but generally removed if problems occur, just like with your appendix. The main function is to take complex carbs, cholesterol, etc and break them up for your body to digest easier. The worst I have heard people say, is that sometimes there are certain foods that is harder for your body to digest, but for the most part it is the better option. I guess we see and I will try to blog about this more when I have a free second.

0 comments: